Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Rubber Neck

I've had enough.  So what, someone got pulled over or has a flat tire, KEEP DRIVING.  You've all seen these people, the ones who will slow down traffic for miles to see why the person on the side of the road got pulled over.  It's ridiculous.  Traffic is difficult enough without idiots slowing down to 40 in a 65 MPH zone to see what's going on. 

Even worse than the rubberneckers is what I experienced last night while driving home:
An idiot of a cop pulled someone over, and poorly I might add.  This cop had at least a car's width worth of shoulder to pull into to stay out of traffic, but he must've been in a hurry to harass this driver because at least 1/3 of his cruiser was out in the middle of the left lane on a busy looping interstate in Central Ohio.

Unless the driver was smoking a crack pipe with a gun in hand, there is NO reason whatsoever that this law enforcement officer couldn't have pulled far enough off of the road to keep the OTHER drivers on the road safe.  THAT, my friends; is a traffic FAIL.

1 comment:

  1. I have a good traffic fail for you, and it's also about a law enforcement officer.

    While driving through Pataskala, we were leaving the city limits where it changes from 35 to 45 miles per hour. People always accelerate early, even in Pataskala, because they are dumb.

    Well, we were out of city limits, and passing into the Reynoldsburg area when in front of me I see a cop pulling a U-turn and bolting off in the opposite direction. Keep in mind, he had to do a 3-point turn because it was a 2-lane road. Idiot.

    A few seconds later, in my rear view mirror, I see him pull ANOTHER U-turn, and he starts following my lane of traffic. He turned on his lights and started having people pull over, then quickly darted to the middle of the road to pass them. After passing probably 5-6 cars, including mine, and nearly making me crap my pants as he passed me half in my lane and half in the other, he finally pulled over a car that was like 3 cars in front of me, and probably 1-2 cars behind where he was originally.

    By this time we were also nearly in Reynoldsburg as well. Talk about a desperate, idiotic traffic fail, and all for one speeding ticket because someone decided to go 10 mph faster a little too soon.

    ReplyDelete