Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Matching Donuts

I saw something today that I can honestly say I’ve never seen in my 11 and 1/2 years of driving.  I was driving on the looping interstate in Central Ohio that everyone knows as 270 when all of a sudden traffic started creeping to a 40 mph pace for no apparent reason.  I then noticed break lights, heard some honking and started to think there was an accident.

There was no accident, but there was a car full of what appeared to be immigrants, driving with 2 donuts/spares on their car.  Both rear tires had donuts.  Really.  I can’t make this stuff up.

That wasn’t enough to justify this post, what really bothered me was that they decided to enter an interstate in those conditions.  These morons were driving 35 mph in a 65 mph zone with two spare tires. 

I realize that you’re supposed to be able to go up to 55 or 60 mph with a single spare tire, but with two of them you should not be allowed to drive at all.  If you can’t afford to go to your local used tire shop and pickup a couple of decent tires; you don’t deserve to share the road with the rest of us.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment